The Colorado Senate Democratic Majority is looking for a Digital Director to join our press shop. This is a part-time, legislative session only position. The Digital Director will help expand our digital engagement efforts, focusing on social media and online communications. The Digital Director first and foremost works for the Senate President but assists our caucus members, as needed. The Digital Director will report to the Communications Director, as well as the Chief of Staff and Senate President, and will be expected to assist with traditional media efforts.
Digital Media Responsibilities (75 percent):
- Develop our social media strategy and review all posts and content to ensure the Senate Dems’ voice is consistent across all platforms
- Serve as point of contact for the caucus on digital efforts, assisting with social media strategy for individual members – as necessary
- Manage the caucus social media channels, website, microsites, digital advocacy, and engagement tools
- Monitor breaking news and craft it into engaging content for our social media audiences
- Contribute creative ideas for design and video content to be posted to social media
- Expand our audience and identify trends and areas for growth
- Produce digital reports and conduct in-depth analysis of specific digital tactics
Traditional Media Responsibilities (25 percent):
- Draft and edit documents such as press releases, media advisories, and op-eds
- Monitor coverage of policy, legislation, and members
- Build and maintain media lists
- Conduct general research and complete administrative tasks
- 3-5 years of digital communications experience, advocacy and organizing experience preferred
- Deep working knowledge of digital strategy, programs, and tools
- Experience with Photoshop or other design software
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Highly organized and resourceful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- A genuine interest in current events and the news, with a sense of what’s newsworthy
The position includes health, dental and retirement benefits and paid sick/vacation time. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Colorado Senate Democratic caucus is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all. We especially encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, immigrants, refugees, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
Please send resume, cover letter, a writing sample, and a sample digital strategy to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.