The Colorado Senate Democratic Caucus is looking for talented aides to assist our State Senators during the 2019 legislative session. Being a Legislative Aide puts you in the middle of the Colorado’s political action.
Aides help in the implementation of the Senate Democrat’s policy goals by providing written, administrative and logistical support to individual senators. Duties may include organizing the lawmaker’s day-to-day work and calendar, scheduling meetings and events, maintaining contact lists and files, doing issue research, supporting their work on legislation, interacting with constituents, website back-end management, and if appropriate, supervising interns and doing light policy work.
We are looking for:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizing abilities and “people skills”
- Interest in Colorado politics and statewide issues
- Organizational skills (scheduling and event planning)
- Basic knowledge of Colorado government
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative
- Computer skills (word, excel, VAN/database, social media, web skills preferred, but not required)
- Good judgment, flexibility, common sense, and a sense of humor
Positions will start December 2018 (or January 2019) – May 2019, depending on the legislator’s schedule.
Salary: $14.00/hour, up to 40 hours/week, depending on agreement and scheduling with legislator. The travel allowance this fiscal year is $10/day when the Senate is in session. No benefits, no vacations from early January to mid-May.
This is a “session only” position, which must end sooner than 7 months after the start date.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Senate Aide Position”. No phone calls please.
THE STATE OF COLORADO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER