The Colorado Senate Democrats are looking for talented communications interns to assist the Minority Office staff during the 2018 interim and 2019 session. Working at the State Capitol is a unique opportunity to learn about communications, media relations, the legislative process, and the intersection of law, politics, and public policy.
- Supporting the day-to-day communications and social media needs for caucus members and the Majority Office staff
- Pitching stories to reporters, producers, bloggers, and editors
- Drafting and editing social media posts, press releases, advisories, op-eds, and memos
- Monitoring traditional and social media coverage of policy, legislation, and members
- Building and maintaining media lists
- General research
- Administrative tasks
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Highly organized, detailed, and resourceful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- A genuine interest in current events and the news, with a sense of what’s newsworthy
- Intellectually curious, creative, and eager to learn
Interns are expected to work at least 5-10 hours per week. Interns are unpaid volunteers; however, student internship credit can be arranged. We are accepting applications for the interim (now-December) and/or for the 2019 legislative session (Jan.-May).
Please send resume, cover letter, and a one page writing sample to email@example.com. No phone calls please.